Welcome to 31_days This is your usual prompt challenge community, but the difference here is that each theme corresponds to a specific day of the month and participants have to follow this theme/day calendar when posting their submissions.
1. We have such sights to show you.
2. This inhuman place makes human monsters.
3. You know how when you meet someone and you think you like them, but then the more you talk to them the more you see parts you don’t like? And sometimes you don’t end up liking any parts at all.
4. Folks say if God won’t help what’s up there will welcome you with open arms.
5. Demons to some, angels to others.
6. Movies don’t create psychos. Movies make psychos more creative.
7. Do you buy all your murder weapons at Home Depot?
8. “You girls watch out for the weirdos.” “We are the weirdos, mister.”
9. No one is good or bad, but if you want, I'm the bad one.
10. Okay, I’m drawing a line in the fucking sand here. Do not read the Latin!
11. Nobody trusts anybody now. And we’re all very tired.
12. So how do we know who’s human? If I was an imitation, a perfect imitation, how would you know if it was really me?
13. You know the part in scary movies where somebody does something really stupid and everybody hates them for it? This is it.
14. They’re us, that’s all. When there’s no more room in Hell.
15. Celebrities are not people, they’re group hallucinations.
16. My mother, she butchered me. My father, he ate me. My sister, little Anne-Marie, she gathered up the bones of me, and tied them in a silken cloth to lay under the juniper. Tweet, tweet, what a pretty bird am I.
17. My own brother, a goddamn shit-sucking vampire. You wait till mom finds out, buddy!
18. I get this ache, and I thought it was for sex but it’s to tear everything to fucking pieces.
19. Some have even died in their reckless pursuit of this angel.
20. The whole thing about relatives watching over you after they die really rubs me the wrong way. I do a lot of crazy shit when I’m alone and I’d appreciate some privacy.
21. I’m turning into something dangerous.
22. He thrusts his fists against the posts and still insists he sees the ghosts.
23. I think the point is to make us despair. To see ourselves as animal and ugly. To make us reject the possibility that God could love us.
24. I can't exist by myself because I'm afraid of myself. Because I'm the maker of my own evil.
25. Most people are so ungrateful to be alive. But not you. Not anymore.
26. Oh, God, I could be bounded in a nutshell and count myself a king of infinite space, were it not that I have bad dreams.
27. But when we find love—no matter how wrong, how sad, or how terrible—we cling to it. It gives us our strength, it holds us upright. It feeds on us and we feed on it. Love is our grace. Love is our downfall.
28. With endless love, we left you sleeping. Now we're sleeping with you. Don't wake up.
29. The pain, I can assure you, will be exquisite. As for our deaths, there is nothing to fear. Our names will be written on a thousand walls. Our crimes told and retold by our faithful believers. We shall die together in front of their very eyes and give them something to be haunted by. Come with me and be immortal.
30. You always wanted to know what Hell was like.
31. The horror was for love. The things we do for love like this are ugly, mad, full of sweat and regret. This love burns you and maims you and twists you inside out. It is a monstrous love and it makes monsters of us all.
1. To reiterate -- you can only post fic for a theme on the day where that theme falls. For example, you'd like to write a fic based on the theme "This red, red moon," which falls on August 22. Even if you've finished your fic days or weeks beforehand, you'll have to wait till the 22nd before you post it.
2. The final day of each month is "Amnesty Day". On this day you can post fics for any previous prompts.
3. No bulk posts, please. Let's say that you plan to write a continuous fic based on Themes 1-7, and you can do that; nevertheless, you'll still have to post each part/theme separately, following the calendar. Only one theme per day.
4. There are no sign-ups. You are free to choose any character or pairing you want. You also don't have to choose just one character or one pairing. If you'd like to write 31 different characters or 31 different fandoms for all 31 days of the month, you can pick and switch as you will.
5. That being said, you don't have to write for the entire 31 days, just whenever you can. Being a member of the community also does not automatically oblige you to participate if you don't want to. However, please note that you cannot post to the community if you are not a member even if you've added the comm to your flist.
6. Genre is an open choice.
7. Ratings may range from G to NC-17 as long as you label your fics properly. Please consult posting format below.
8. Fan art contributions and original fiction are also welcome.
Subject line: please at least put the date you're writing for, and if you're posting an amnesty fic on the last day of the month, put "Amnesty" in there too.